Are you looking to add a doll house to your toddler’s toy collection? Want to find out which one will be the best for your little one and fits within your budget? To help you out we have found 4 of the best dollhouses for toddlers that are worth checking out!
- 1 What to look for in a dollhouse for a toddler?
- 2 Our top 4 picks!
- 3 Fisher-Price My First Dollhouse
- 4 Fisher-Price Little People Surprise and Sounds Home
- 5 Melissa and Doug Fold and Go Wooden Dollhouse
- 6 V-Tech Go! Go! Smart Friends Busy Sounds Discovery Home
- 7 At a Glance Comparison
- 8 FAQs About Dollhouses
- 9 Final Thoughts
What to look for in a dollhouse for a toddler?
Toddlers are usually in the 1 to 3 age bracket, so the all-important factors that we think needs to be considered when investing in a dollhouse is:
- Good quality
- Larger items to prevent choking
- Provides plenty of play opportunities
- Promotes imaginative play
- Easy to move around
- It may be worth spending a little extra on a dollhouse that will last your child a few extra years. Look for the age range from 1-5 as opposed to 1-2 years.
- Can pieces be added to make a collection?
- Do you want your toddler’s dollhouse to have a range of sounds and music to help with their develop?
Our top 4 picks!
Fisher-Price has a colorful dollhouse that will delight youngsters and provide a play experience that any toddler will enjoy.
A three-story dollhouse that helps to promote your child’s finger and hand dexterity comes with five rooms that set the scene for your little one to allow their imagination to run wild and create everyday scenarios.
The fisher-price my first dollhouse set includes mom, dad, and baby and comes with several accessories items that are sized just right for little one’s hands. Suitable for children 24 months to 5 years this is sure to be a definite hit with that special toddler in your life.
- Sized right for little one’s hands.
- Promotes imaginative play.
- A durable dollhouse that will handle toddlers’ rough play.
- Finding additional accessories for a dollhouse is difficult or very expensive.
Fisher-Price Little People Surprise and Sounds Home
Fisher-PriceLittle People Surprise and Sound Home is a hit with many toddlers due to the 50+ sounds, songs, and phrases.
Filled floor to ceiling with new learning and fine motor activities for little ones to explore. A few features include pressing the alarm clock to flip Emma out of bed, open the oven and refrigerator door for lights and phrases and lift the toilet seat for flushing and other crazy sounds.
Children are loving the handle features which allows them to close the house up and take anywhere. A bright, colorful dollhouse that will impress your little one is working looking into!
- Manufacturers recommended age 12 months to 5 years
- Promotes imaginative and role play
- Lightweight and portable
- The figures and furniture included are sturdy and perfect for little hands.
- Many of the furniture pieces can not be removed from the Dollhouse
Melissa and Doug Fold and Go Wooden Dollhouse
Melissa and Doug provide a portable wooden dollhouse that opens up wide to allow for easy access for little fingers.
The Melissa and Doug Fold and Go Wooden Dollhouse comes fully furnished and includes two working doors, two flexible wooden play people, and 11 wooden furniture pieces. Suitable for the older toddlers of 3 years and up.
The dollhouse closes for compact storage and is fitted with a chunky handle that allows children to move the dollhouse around quickly. The Melissa and Doug Fold and Go Wooden Dollhouse is built to last and is ideal for promoting children’s imaginative play, storytelling, and fine motor skills.
- Comes fully furnished
- Supports children’s imagination, storytelling, and fine motor skills
- Portable Dollhouse with a durable handle.
- Additional toys can be purchased extra to go with the dollhouse
- Frequent feedback has indicated that pieces to the Dollhouse have fallen apart easily.
- No latch attached to keep the dollhouse together when closed up.
V-Tech Go! Go! Smart Friends Busy Sounds Discovery Home
V-Tech Go! Go!, smart friends, busy sounds discovery home is a bright, colorful playhouse that toddlers are loving. Suitable for toddlers aged 1 – 5 years, the vetch smart friends busy sounds discovery home has some fantastic features including 7 interactive points that bring the characters to life with interesting phrases, motion, and lights.
The V-Tech Go! Go!, smart friends, busy sounds discovery home includes 35+ songs, melodies, sounds, and phrases that will keep your little ones entertained for hours. Easy to set up and promotes imaginative play and fine motor skills – this dollhouse will place a smile on any toddler’s face.
- Colorful dollhouse with pieces that fit in small toddler hands
- Provides plenty of play opportunities
- Additional items can be purchased separately to go with the dollhouse
- Have many songs, melodies sounds, and phrases that kids love.
- The elevator can break easily with rough play.
- The slide can unclick easily
At a Glance Comparison
|Fisher-Price My First Dollhouse [Amazon Exclusive]
|Fisher-Price Little People Surprise & Sounds Home
|Melissa & Doug Fold and Go Wooden Dollhouse
|VTech Go! Go! Smart Friends Busy Sounds Discovery Home
|Suitable 12 months to 5 years
Promotes imaginative play and fine motor skills
Includes 50+ sounds songs and phrases.
Comes with furniture and little people.
Comes with handle
|Suitable 24 months to 5 years.
Comes with 3 figurines
Five rooms to encourage roleplay and imagination.
Promotes finger/hand dexterity
|Suitable for older toddlers 3+ years
Folding wooden dollhouse with 2 flexible play figures and 11 pieces of wooden furniture.
Sturdy carry handles
Opens up wide for easy play access.
|Suitable 12 months to 5 years.
35+ Songs, melodies, sounds and phrases.
Encourages imaginative play
Ideal for little toddler hands
Comes with a carry handle.
FAQs About Dollhouses
Are wooden dollhouses better than plastic?
Both options are perfectly fine, but if you are opting for a plastic dollhouse, make sure the plastic is of good quality, otherwise, you might end up with broken pieces.
Are dollhouses a must-have toy?
Dollhouses are an excellent way for kids to learn social skills, aesthetics, understanding the type of furniture and where it goes, and also they learn spatial awareness, which is essential for kids up to 3 years.
Are all dollhouses just for girls?
Not at all. You don’t have to pick a pink dollhouse if you are having a boy as well. There are neutral models that allow boys and girls to play together and learn all about the family.
Our search has shown us that there are many types, styles, and sizes of dollhouses available. Our top 4 are all suitable for toddler aged children and all help to promote little one’s imagination while offering plenty of play opportunities. Which one is your favorite?